I’ve been a bit of a slump lately. I’ve felt like I’m not creating good content, or doing enough. My mental state has been all over the place lately and to have Arisha nominate me for the Real Neat Blog Award really lifted my mood. Arisha, you’ve made my day and I cannot thank you enough!
Arisha is one of the kindest souls I’ve ever met (through the internet) and she’s truly inspiring. I would definitely recommend you check out her blog!
Okay, onto the award!
Real Neat Blog Award
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the seven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you, linking their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like and ask them seven questions.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.).
What’s the one biggest thing blogging has taught you about yourself?
Blogging has taught me so much about myself. I’ve gained an understanding of who I am, what I want to stand for and how to get there. Elysian Haze is a journey of that. I’m excited to share more of it. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about it too. I’m going to be changing things up a little and I’m excited. I’ve uncovered some negative habits that I have as well. I’m the worst at consistency. I’ll blog for a month or two and then not for another few. I compare myself to other bloggers way too often which often links into my hiatuses, but I love blogging and always end up coming back.
What is the earliest happy memory you have of yourself?
Honestly, I can’t remember. How bad is that haha? Okay, let me think. Maybe kindergarten or feeding pet lambs? Or the holidays I’ve experienced as a young kid.
If you ever wrote a book, who would you dedicate it to and why?
To everyone who believes in me. To the reader. I’d probably write something like: dedicated to you and everything that you are. It would be dedicated to those who inspired me and who pushed me and to those who stuck with me through thick and thin.
What’s the first place you’d like to travel to once it’s safe to travel again?
I’m going to explore my own state, South Australia. We’re already allowed to travel to regional regions and I’m huge for supporting local. Plus, it’s the more eco-friendly option. You’ll definitely be seeing my travels on Elysian Haze once I get going!
Which musical instrument sounds the most pleasing to you?
Probably the piano (unless it’s not in tune) or guitar. I’m thinking acoustic music when I hear pleasing haha. I love acoustic versions of songs; they’re quite often my favourite.
What’s a movie you can never get tired of, and why?
Okay, so… I’m not overly into films… I’m just not that interested in watching them? But as a kid, I adored The Aristocats (I literally knew I all of the lines without even realising it) and The Land Before Time films. I watched them on repeat. I like my spy/action films. They’re the ones I’ll more likely rewatch.
Name (at least) three things you adore about yourself
- My determination and ability to keep going/persevere.
- That I’m working on living as consciously and sustainably as possible.
- My ability to admire the little things (and mostly clouds)
These are probably the top three things I love about myself. I’m always determined to achieve things. Once I set my mind to something, I rarely give up. I push through the difficulties and hurdles while trying to maintain a positive mindset. I’m on my own journey into living as consciously and sustainably as possible. I’ts important to me to care for our planet and do as little harm to her as possible. I’m in the process of treading lightly. I’m working to better myself. I also really love clouds. I find myself inspired by the little things in life. It’s mostly nature (clouds) but the I adore the smaller things in life.
I decided to stick with the theme of seven and nominate seven lovely people.
- What would be your perfect morning routine?
- What is a goal you would like to achieve by the end of 2020?
- Why do you blog; what do you love about it?
- What is your favourite way to spend time alone and why?
- Who is your ideal self: what are their hobbies, what do they do, what style do they have? Are you working towards being this person?
- What are your astrological signs (sun, moon, rising) and do you believe they reflect who you are?
- What are you currently reading and would you recommend it?
And there you have it! Once again, thank you so much Arisha for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award! If you’re interested to learn more about Arisha, take a read of her post and make sure to look around her blog too!