With the new year, comes new year resolutions. Some people do them, some people don’t. Personally, I love the idea of setting goals for the year and setting smaller goals again to accomplish those goals. So, I set resolutions, and if you’re interested in my 2021 resolutions you can read about them here.
Anyway, 2020 has been a wild year to say the least, and I’m sure we’re all hoping 2021 is better. Obviously somethings are out of our control, but some aren’t. There are big and little things we can all do to make 2021 better. So, why not create some resolutions and set some goals to help accomplish some of those things. So, I’ve created 20 sustainable new year resolutions for you to add to your list of resolutions!
25 sustainable new year resolutions
- Use less single-use plastic
- Bring your own reusable containers/coffee cups with you
- Participate in Veganuary
- Eat less meat – become vegetarian/vegan
- Grow your own food
- Buy local produce
- Start composting
- Shop at bulk stores/buy in bulk
- Take more public transport
- Repair and upcycle what you have
- Give up fast fashion
- Shop consciously/opt for second hand
- Wear what you already own/participate in no spend months
- Try new reusables
- Support local and small businesses
- Make x-amount of sustainable swaps a month (whatever seems best for you)
- Track your trash and figure out how to reduce it
- Make one room (bathroom, kitchen, etc.) plastic-free/low-waste
- Look into the companies you support and see what they invest in/ethics/their sustainability
- Borrow books from the library or friends over buying new
- Borrow and swap clothes with friends before buying new/secondhand
- Watch x-amount of climate change/environmental documentaries
- Get involved with your area’s sustainable community plans
- Whenever outdoors pick up the trash you find
- Figure out what is sustainable for you right now and do the best to act on it
Well, there you have it! 25 sustainable new year resolutions for 2021.
Let’s make this the year where we focus on healing our planet, and ourselves.
Are you planning on adding any of these to your list of resolutions, or what other sustainable resolutions should be added to this list?