1. American Osteopathic Association 2020, The Benefits of Yoga, Osteopathic, American Osteopathic Association, https://osteopathic.org/what-is-osteopathic-medicine/benefits-of-yoga/.
2. Harvard Medical School 2015, Yoga – Benefits Beyond the Mat, Harvard Health Publishing, https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/yoga-benefits-beyond-the-mat.
3. Lau, C, Yu, R & Woo, J 2015, ‘Effects of a 12-Week Hatha Yoga Intervention on Cardiorespiratory Endurance, Muscular Strength and Endurance, and Flexibility in Hong Kong Chinese Adults: A Controlled Clinical Trial’, Evid Based Complement Alternat Med, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4475706/.
4. Bhutkar, M V., Bhutkar, P M., Taware, G B. & Surdi, A D., 2011, ‘How Effective Is Sun Salutation in Improving Muscle Strength, General Body Endurance and Body Composition?’, Asian J Sports Med, vol.2, no.4, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3289222/.
5.Jeter, P E., Nkodo, A-F, Moonaz S H. & Dagnelie, G 2014, ‘A Systematic Review of Yoga for Balance in a Healthy Population’, The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol.20, no.4, https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/acm.2013.0378.
6. Tiedemann, A, O’Rourke, S, Sesto, R & Sherrington, C 2013, ‘A 12-week Iyengar yoga program improved balance and mobility in older community-dwelling people: a pilot randomized controlled trial’, The journals of gerontology. Series A, Biological sciences and medical sciences, vol.68, no.9, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23825035.
7. Polsgrove, M J., Eggleston, B M. & Lockyer, R J. 2016, ‘Impact of 1-weeks of yoga practice on flexibility and balance of college athletes’, International Journal of Yoga, vol.9, no.1, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4728955/.
8. Woodyard, C 2011, ‘Exploring the therapeutic effects of yoga and its ability to increase quality of life’, International Journal of Yoga, vol.4, no.2, http://www.ijoy.org.in/article.asp?issn=0973-6131;year=2011;volume=4;issue=2;spage=49;epage=54;aulast=Woodyard.
9. Katuri, K K., Dasari, A B., Kurapati, S, Vinnakota, N R., Bollepalli, A C. & Dhulipalla, R 2016, ‘Association of yoga practice and serum cortisol levels in chronic periodontitis patients with stress-related anxiety and depression’, Journal of International Society of Preventive & Community Dentistry, vol.6, no.1, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4784068/.
10. Vedamurthachar, A, Janakiramaiah, N, Hedge, J M., Shetty, T K., Subbakrishna, D K., Sureshbabu, S V. & Gangadhar, B N. 2006, ‘Antidepressant efficacy and hormonal effects of Sudarshana Kriya Yoga (SKY) in alcohol dependent individuals’, Journal of affective disorders, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16740317.
11. Deepeshwar, S, Tanwar, M, Kavuri, V & Budhi, R B. 2018, ‘Effect of Yoga Based Lifestyle Intervention on Patients With Knee Osteoarthritis: A Randomized Controlled Trial’, Frontiers in Psychiatry, https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2018.00180/full.
12. van der Kolk, B A., Stone, L, West, J, Rhodes, A, Emerson, D, Suvak, M & Spinazzola, J 2014, ‘Yoga as an adjunctive treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder: a randomized controlled trial’, Journal of clinical psychiatry, vol.75, no.6, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25004196.
13. Javnbakht, M, Hejazi Kenari, R & Ghasemi, M 2009, ‘Effects of yoga on depression and anxiety of women’, Complementary therapies in clinical practice, vol.15, no.2, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19341989/.
14. Woolery, A, Myers, H, Sternlieb, B & Zeltzer, L 2004, ‘A yoga intervention for young adults with elevated symptoms of depression’, Alternative therapies in health and medicine, vol.10, no.2, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15055096/.
15. Pilkington, K, Kirkwood, G, Rampes, H & Richardson, J 2005, ‘Yoga for depression: the research evidence’, Journal of affective disorders, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16185770/.
16. Tempelman, L 2019, ’10 health benefits of daily yoga practice’, blog post, netdoctor, 31 October, https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-living/fitness/a28508/yoga-health-benefits/.
17. Zaccaro, A, Piarulli, A, Laurino, M, Garbella, E, Menicucci, D, Neri, B & Gemignani, A 2018, ‘How Breath-Control Can Change Your Life: A Systematic Review on Psycho-Physiological Correlates of Slow Breathing’, frontiers in Human Neuroscience, https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2018.00353/full.
18. Birkel, D A. & Edgren, L 2000, ‘Hatha yoga: improved vital capacity of college students’, Alternative therapies in health and medicine, vol.6, no.6, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11076447/.
19. Saxena, T & Saxena, M 2009, ‘The effect of various breathing exercises (pranayama) in patients with bronchial asthma of mild to moderate severity’, International Journal of Yoga, vol.2, no.1, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3017963/.
20. Manjunath, N L. & Telles, S 2005, ‘Influence of Yoga and Ayurveda on self-rated sleep in a geriatric population’, Indian journal of medical research, vol.121, no.5, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15937373/.
21. Cohen, L, Warneke, C, Fouladi, R T., Rodriguez, M A. & Chaoul-Reich, A 2004, ‘Psychological adjustment and sleep quality in a randomized trial of the effects of a Tibetan yoga intervention in patients with lymphoma’, Cancer, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15139072/.
22. Bharshankar, J R., Bharshankar, R N., Deshpande, V N., Kaore, S B. & Gosavi, G B. 2003, ‘Effect of yoga on cardiovascular system in subjects about 40 years’, Indian journal of physiology and pharmacology, vol.47, no.2, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15255625/.
23. Yogendra, J, Yogendra, H J., Ambardekar, S, Lele, R D, Shetty, S, Dave, M & Husein, N 2004, ‘Beneficial effects of yoga lifestyle on reversibility of ischaemic heart disease: caring heart project of International Board of Yoga’, Journal of the Association of Physicians of India, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15636328/.